Less than three miles away from Lakes at Lewisville, the Rocktober Music Festival is on the way. Get ready to rock during this concert series held every Tuesday night in October. Four excellent shows have been planned for this fall that you are sure to enjoy. Lewisville is full of fun things to do throughout the year, and this is one series not to miss!
Rock Out to Rocktober Music Festival
Starting off the series is Dallas-based band Hard Day’s Night, a Beatles tribute band that plays shows throughout the world. Started more than 20 years ago, this band has rocked for audiences in England and even got the chance to record some tunes at Abbey Road Studios. They play on October 10 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Wayne Ferguson Plaza, 150 West Church Street.
Second in the series is Rathmore Band, which plays Celtic rock, who will hit the stage October 17. They are a newly established band, quickly becoming popular for their contemporary style of Celtic music.
If you loved the Pretenders, then you will love The Intenders, a tribute band to the rock legends. They will be performing on Tuesday, October 24, and led by singer Molly Fine. This should be a great night of Pretenders music played by this amazing tribute band.
Wrapping up this four-part series is a Halloween Bash. The final details are not yet solidified, but it is sure to be a Halloween bash to remember!
When you love spending time outdoors listening to great music, don’t forget about this fun series throughout October. All bands play from 6:30-8:00 p.m., at Wayne Ferguson Plaza, 150 West Church Street. It’s a fun time for you and the whole family!
To learn more about apartments in Lewisville, come check out the floor plans we have to offer at the Lakes at Lewisville. Give us a call at (469) 293-9427 to come view one of our apartment homes today!
Mark your calendar for September 29 and 30 to join residents of Lewisville apartments and the surrounding community at the annual Western Days Festival in Old Town Lewisville. Bring the family and prepare for exciting days, packed with fun events for all!
The festival showcases the spirit of the West and represents its history. A great variety of themed attractions, events, entertainment, food and arts and crafts shopping give visitors their own cowboy experience. Here are just some of the featured events.
National and Regional Musical Performances
- Justin Mason: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Cordovas: Friday, Sept 29, 6:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Bidi Bidi Banda: Friday, Sept 29, 7:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Carolyn Wonderland: Friday, Sept 29, 7:00 pm, MCL Grand Performance Hall
- Dalton Domino: Friday, Sept 29, 8:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Roadside Libby: Friday, Sept 29, 8:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Fiddle Rascals: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:00 am, Lewisville Stage
- Basically Treble Chorus: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:15 am, CoServe Community Stage
- The Gibbonses: Saturday, Sept 30, 12:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Kelly Willis: Saturday, Sept 30, 2:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Texas Blues Crew: Saturday, Sept 30, 2:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Milton Patton: Saturday, Sept 30, 3:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Crystal Yates: Saturday, Sept 30, 5:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Mark McKinney: Saturday, Sept 30, 6:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Curtis Grimes: Saturday, Sept 30, 6:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Mike Ryan: Saturday, Sept 30, 8:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Randy Rogers Band: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
Native American Singers and Dancers
- Campfire Prarie Ladies: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, at the Western Village
- Alma Y Corazon Ballet: Saturday, Sept 30, 11:00 am, CoServe Community Stage
Kid Kountry Playground: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, and Sat, 30, 10:00 am, Western Village (face painters, strolling entertainers)
Lewisville Morning Rotary Club Car Show: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:00 am, Main and Mill
Additional Festival Activities
- Craft Beer Pavillion: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, Wayne Ferguson Plaza stage
- Mechanical Bull and Pony Rides: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, and Sat, Sept 29, 12:00 noon, Location TBD
- D Fagan Sculptures Art Exhibit: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, and Sat, Sept 30, 10:00 am, MCL Grand Art Gallery
- The Annual Huffines Auto Dealership’s Lewisville Cattle Drive Parade: Saturday, Sept 30, 11:30 am, Main and Mill streets (Features 20 to 30 head of Texas Longhorns)
- Gunfight re-enactments
- Western Market: Saturday, 10 am, Main, Church and Charles streets
- Ballet Conservatory: Saturday, Sept 30, 12:30 pm, CoServe Community Stage
For Festival Maps and Details
Visit the Western Days Festival website for a festival map, list of events and more details about the festivities and services available at the festival site. Or, call (972) 219-3401.
For More Information about Lakes at Lewisville
Residents of the Lakes at Lewisville apartment homes enjoy private patios, wood-burning fireplaces, ice makers, full-size washer and dryer hookups, golf course views (in select areas) and much more in our beautiful gated community. If you would like information about which floor plans are still available, contact Lakes at Lewisville to speak to one of our friendly, knowledgeable on-site staff members.
If you’re new to the wonderful world of golf, you’re in luck—August is National Golf Month. Residents of apartments in Lewisville, Texas are lucky enough to be living near some of the best golfing options in the state. The best way to learn is at the hand of an experienced golfer; either a pro who offers lessons at a nearby course or a friend with lots of patience and skill. Before you go those routes, here are a couple of tips to help get you started on the road to enjoying great games of golf.
Staying balanced helps produce a more effective golf swing, so take the time to position yourself solidly on the ground. Keep your back as straight as you possibly can, and when you swing, tilt from the hips instead of from the waist. You may have to practice this technique for a while in order to become comfortable with it, but once you’ve got it down, it’ll be just like riding a bicycle and come back to you every time. You can even practice your swing in your apartment to get you ready for time on the green.
Perfect Your Grip
A good grip is an essential component to any good game of golf. Using the palm and fingers or your left hand, grip the club firmly, then position your hand on the club using your forefinger, your middle finger, and your ring finger. This is another golf essential that you can practice in your apartment along with your alignment and balance.
Most of all, don’t forget to relax and have fun while on the course. Golf is a great way to socialize as well as to get plenty of outdoor exercise.
Want to get the most out of your summer in beautiful Lewisville, Texas? Contact us today for information on available floor plans, and see how to make Lakes at Lewisville your new home!
Lakes at Lewisville Apartments in Lewisville, Texas offers much more than just comfortable, spacious, well-designed rental housing in a convenient, attractive setting. With a location near Lewiston Lake, our residents enjoy convenient access to the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area where families, couples, singles and groups can enjoy the beauty of nature and a variety of activities in the great outdoors. If you are a current resident of Lakes at Lewisville Apartments in Lewisville or considering making it your home in the near future, we encourage you to explore the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area with your family and friends soon.
Seven Great Ways to Enjoy Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area
Located at 201 E. Jones Street, Lewisville, TX, the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area (LLELA) is open seven days per week. Summer hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day and winter hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. With a focus on protecting, preserving and restoring ecosystems, communities and native biodiversity, here are a just a few of the many activities visitors can enjoy:
- Observe and learn about the importance of pollinators at the Rocket Prairie Pollinator Garden.
- Take a trip back in time with a visit to the Minor-Porter Log House.
- Experience nature through camping, fishing or just enjoying a picnic in a peaceful, natural setting.
- Experience the natural beauty of the lake while gliding through in a kayak or canoe.
- Discover the fun of a modern treasure hunt on the Geocache Adventure Trail.
- Enjoy hiking, bird watching and wildlife viewing in stunning natural settings.
- Learn while you have fun by taking advantage of a Guided Recreational Activity.
Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area and the activities offered there are perfect for educational projects and field trips by both traditional and home school groups, as well as offering fun and relaxation for families, adults and children.
Want to Learn More?
Residents and prospective residents who have additional questions about the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area or other recreational activities located near Lakes at Lewisville Apartments in Lewisville, Texas, are invited to contact our staff.
Lakes at Lewisville, apartments in Lewisville, TX is located near golf courses. In fact, all of Texas has golf courses. If you want to fit in and play like a champ with the rest of the area, you might want to up your golf game by improving your swing.
Here are some pointers on how to get the best swing in the game.
Grip Strength Matters
Lewisville residents will improve their swing tremendously when they realize how they grip the club matters. You should never hold the club gently. This doesn’t provide you with the upper hand when swinging. It prevents you from having total control over your aim and how hard you hit it. Plus, it puts you at risk for swinging and the club slipping out of your hands. You don’t want to hold it with all of your strength because it prevents you from being able to swing and follow through effectively. You should grip it with medium force, which allows for you to hold it firmly, aim and follow through optimally.
Smooth and Steady Wins the Race
You want to maintain a steady pace from when you initiate the swing until you follow through. Additionally, you want to swing the club steady, which is going to require you to swing a bit quickly.
Pay Attention to How Hard You Swing
Your aim can be “A+,” but if you don’t have the strength of your swing down, you’re going to fall short, literally. If you over swing, you’re always going to hit the ball too hard.
Most of Your Weight Should End on Your Front Foot
Ultimately, you want approximately 90 percent of your weight to end on your front foot. You want a full follow through for best results.
If you rent with Lakes at Lewisville, you’ll get to rest your head in a luxury apartment after a day of practicing your golf swing. Contact us today to learn more.