Summer is a season of sports. If you are looking for ways to be more active, check out these five sporty ways to spend the summer:
Join an Adult Softball League
Slow-pitch softball is a lot of fun, and many cities have adult softball leagues that can be joined for a small fee. Dust off your old glove and spend a summer at the ballpark!
For many, swimming is one of the highlights of the summer season. Whether you are swimming in a pool or at the lake, hitting the water is a great way to get active and cool off at the same time.
Tennis is a great sport to play and is fun for all ages. If you have an indoor court near you, tennis can be enjoyed no matter what the weather, though outdoor courts allow you to enjoy the season. Either way, tennis is a great option to consider!
Disc golf has the same basic scoring as golf, except that you are using specialized frisbee discs and trying to throw them into baskets in as few throws as possible. Many parks have disc golf courses set up, making this a great summer sport to enjoy.
Whether you are jogging around the neighborhood or running in marathons, running is one of the best ways to stay in shape, and it’s a lot of fun too. Just make sure to stay hydrated if you are out running in the summer sun!
Summer is a great time to get out and get active, and at Lakes at Lewisville, there are plenty of nearby opportunities to enjoy a few summer sports. If you would like to learn more about our Lewisville apartments and see which floor plans are available, feel free to contact us today!
Having plants around your living spaces can be quite therapeutic. They not only liven up the atmosphere, but they also offer lots of health benefits. Plants provide fresh and clean air, which will in turn improve your health.
Beyond that, here are 5 house plants, which you should buy for your apartment to achieve additional health benefits:
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant and can be useful in various ways. This plant can be grown quite easily and can also clear the Benzene and Formaldehyde from the air. Other than clearing the air, it is also quite an effective healer for burns, abrasions, and cuts. You can also use the gel of the leaves as an organic cosmetic.
- Spider Plant: This is another plant that does not require much attention. It is quite resilient and gives out tiny white flowers. This plant can also be quite helpful in clearing the pollution from the air. It is very easy to grow the plant and all that’s necessary of you is to cut it and place it in a pot. They require average temperatures and indirect sunlight.
- Gerbera Daisy: This lovely, flowering plant is quite effective in removing Trichloroethylene and Benzene. It also releases Oxygen during the night. You can plant these in the bedrooms or living rooms.
- Snake Plant: This one is a really good plant for filtering Formaldehyde. This chemical is usually found in cleaning products, tissues, toilet paper and other hygiene products. It should be ideally planted in the bathroom or bedroom, where it can easily clear the air pollutants. It can also survive in low light and humid surroundings. Unlike other plants, these release oxygen during the night so they can be great Oxygen boosters.
- Golden Pothos: This is a beautiful plant, which is also quite effective in filtering Formaldehyde. This vine grows very fast and can remain green even if they are kept in the dark. They require bright and indirect light.