If you love cooking fall recipes in your Lewisville apartment, but another pumpkin pie isn’t inspiring, we don’t blame you! Pumpkin pie is delicious, but there’s more to do with this fall fruit. Here is a roundup of some of our non-pie pumpkin favorites.
1. Pumpkin Polenta
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
Add water, pumpkin and bay leaves to a medium saucepan and bring to simmer. Whisk in polenta and simmer for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally, until smooth. Stir in butter and parmesan before serving.
2. Cucumber Pumpkin Dip
- Half cucumber
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
Peel and grate cucumber and press into a strainer to drain excess water. Add to a bowl with remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly. Serve chilled with pitas, tortilla chips, toasted baguettes, or any other foods with a crunch!
3. Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Whisk together milk, pumpkin, butter and eggs. Sift dry ingredients together, then whisk into milk mixture. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot, buttered skillet. Cook until bottom is golden brown, then flip. Drizzle with maple syrup and feel the fall spirit!
4. Pumpkin Smoothies
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup ice
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Makes two servings. Or, blend in 1/4 cup honey and churn in an ice cream maker for delicious frozen yogurt. Yum!
Every floor plan at our Lewisville apartments has plenty of kitchen space for preparing your favorite fall recipes. To learn more or to schedule a tour, contact Lakes at Lewisville today!
Mark your calendar for September 29 and 30 to join residents of Lewisville apartments and the surrounding community at the annual Western Days Festival in Old Town Lewisville. Bring the family and prepare for exciting days, packed with fun events for all!
The festival showcases the spirit of the West and represents its history. A great variety of themed attractions, events, entertainment, food and arts and crafts shopping give visitors their own cowboy experience. Here are just some of the featured events.
National and Regional Musical Performances
- Justin Mason: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Cordovas: Friday, Sept 29, 6:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Bidi Bidi Banda: Friday, Sept 29, 7:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Carolyn Wonderland: Friday, Sept 29, 7:00 pm, MCL Grand Performance Hall
- Dalton Domino: Friday, Sept 29, 8:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Roadside Libby: Friday, Sept 29, 8:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Fiddle Rascals: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:00 am, Lewisville Stage
- Basically Treble Chorus: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:15 am, CoServe Community Stage
- The Gibbonses: Saturday, Sept 30, 12:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Kelly Willis: Saturday, Sept 30, 2:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Texas Blues Crew: Saturday, Sept 30, 2:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Milton Patton: Saturday, Sept 30, 3:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Crystal Yates: Saturday, Sept 30, 5:00 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Mark McKinney: Saturday, Sept 30, 6:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Curtis Grimes: Saturday, Sept 30, 6:30 pm, Lewisville Stage
- Mike Ryan: Saturday, Sept 30, 8:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
- Randy Rogers Band: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:00 pm, Waste Management Main Stage
Native American Singers and Dancers
- Campfire Prarie Ladies: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, at the Western Village
- Alma Y Corazon Ballet: Saturday, Sept 30, 11:00 am, CoServe Community Stage
Kid Kountry Playground: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, and Sat, 30, 10:00 am, Western Village (face painters, strolling entertainers)
Lewisville Morning Rotary Club Car Show: Saturday, Sept 30, 10:00 am, Main and Mill
Additional Festival Activities
- Craft Beer Pavillion: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, Wayne Ferguson Plaza stage
- Mechanical Bull and Pony Rides: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, and Sat, Sept 29, 12:00 noon, Location TBD
- D Fagan Sculptures Art Exhibit: Friday, Sept 29, 5:00 pm, and Sat, Sept 30, 10:00 am, MCL Grand Art Gallery
- The Annual Huffines Auto Dealership’s Lewisville Cattle Drive Parade: Saturday, Sept 30, 11:30 am, Main and Mill streets (Features 20 to 30 head of Texas Longhorns)
- Gunfight re-enactments
- Western Market: Saturday, 10 am, Main, Church and Charles streets
- Ballet Conservatory: Saturday, Sept 30, 12:30 pm, CoServe Community Stage
For Festival Maps and Details
Visit the Western Days Festival website for a festival map, list of events and more details about the festivities and services available at the festival site. Or, call (972) 219-3401.
For More Information about Lakes at Lewisville
Residents of the Lakes at Lewisville apartment homes enjoy private patios, wood-burning fireplaces, ice makers, full-size washer and dryer hookups, golf course views (in select areas) and much more in our beautiful gated community. If you would like information about which floor plans are still available, contact Lakes at Lewisville to speak to one of our friendly, knowledgeable on-site staff members.