Summer is a season of sports. If you are looking for ways to be more active, check out these five sporty ways to spend the summer:
Join an Adult Softball League
Slow-pitch softball is a lot of fun, and many cities have adult softball leagues that can be joined for a small fee. Dust off your old glove and spend a summer at the ballpark!
For many, swimming is one of the highlights of the summer season. Whether you are swimming in a pool or at the lake, hitting the water is a great way to get active and cool off at the same time.
Tennis is a great sport to play and is fun for all ages. If you have an indoor court near you, tennis can be enjoyed no matter what the weather, though outdoor courts allow you to enjoy the season. Either way, tennis is a great option to consider!
Disc golf has the same basic scoring as golf, except that you are using specialized frisbee discs and trying to throw them into baskets in as few throws as possible. Many parks have disc golf courses set up, making this a great summer sport to enjoy.
Whether you are jogging around the neighborhood or running in marathons, running is one of the best ways to stay in shape, and it’s a lot of fun too. Just make sure to stay hydrated if you are out running in the summer sun!
Summer is a great time to get out and get active, and at Lakes at Lewisville, there are plenty of nearby opportunities to enjoy a few summer sports. If you would like to learn more about our Lewisville apartments and see which floor plans are available, feel free to contact us today!
Lewisville, Texas is especially pretty in the spring. It is when the bluebonnets and other wildflowers bloom, and also when Lewisville’s famous Purple Martins return from their wintering grounds. Unfortunately, spring can also bring allergies and other health problems. To help you deal with these issues, check out the following six tips that will help you enjoy a healthier spring.
Keep Your Windows Closed
As tempting as the beautiful spring temperatures are, it’s best to keep your windows and doors closed so that pollen won’t enter your apartment home.
Get Out and Exercise
Spring is an excellent time to enjoy the great outdoors. Go hiking, take your dog for a walk or embark upon a bike ride while the weather is still mild.
Leave the Outdoors Outside
Once you’re done enjoying the great outdoors, it’s important that you don’t bring any unwanted “guests” back into your apartment. Check yourself over for ticks before entering your apartment home, and take a shower before you go to bed to rid your hair and body of pollen.
Clean Your Pets
Don’t forget about your pets! If you took Fido with you on your outdoor adventure, make sure to rub him down with a rag to rid him of pollen, as well.
Ease into Fitness
Beautiful spring weather can tempt some weekend warriors into jumping full speed into new fitness routines or activities. However, that can be a recipe for injury. Instead, you should ease into any new workout program by knowing and respecting your body’s limitations.
Spring means fresh garden goodies. Because of this, it’s the perfect time to hit your local farmer’s market to take advantage of nature’s delicious bounty.
If you are currently living in a community that does not have recreational amenities, it may be time to consider a move to Lewisville apartments that do. Our community features a 24-hour fitness center, as well as a resort-style swimming pool. Call today so you can tour our available floor plans.
Lakes at Lewisville, apartments in Lewisville, TX is located near golf courses. In fact, all of Texas has golf courses. If you want to fit in and play like a champ with the rest of the area, you might want to up your golf game by improving your swing.
Here are some pointers on how to get the best swing in the game.
Grip Strength Matters
Lewisville residents will improve their swing tremendously when they realize how they grip the club matters. You should never hold the club gently. This doesn’t provide you with the upper hand when swinging. It prevents you from having total control over your aim and how hard you hit it. Plus, it puts you at risk for swinging and the club slipping out of your hands. You don’t want to hold it with all of your strength because it prevents you from being able to swing and follow through effectively. You should grip it with medium force, which allows for you to hold it firmly, aim and follow through optimally.
Smooth and Steady Wins the Race
You want to maintain a steady pace from when you initiate the swing until you follow through. Additionally, you want to swing the club steady, which is going to require you to swing a bit quickly.
Pay Attention to How Hard You Swing
Your aim can be “A+,” but if you don’t have the strength of your swing down, you’re going to fall short, literally. If you over swing, you’re always going to hit the ball too hard.
Most of Your Weight Should End on Your Front Foot
Ultimately, you want approximately 90 percent of your weight to end on your front foot. You want a full follow through for best results.
If you rent with Lakes at Lewisville, you’ll get to rest your head in a luxury apartment after a day of practicing your golf swing. Contact us today to learn more.
Having plants around your living spaces can be quite therapeutic. They not only liven up the atmosphere, but they also offer lots of health benefits. Plants provide fresh and clean air, which will in turn improve your health.
Beyond that, here are 5 house plants, which you should buy for your apartment to achieve additional health benefits:
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant and can be useful in various ways. This plant can be grown quite easily and can also clear the Benzene and Formaldehyde from the air. Other than clearing the air, it is also quite an effective healer for burns, abrasions, and cuts. You can also use the gel of the leaves as an organic cosmetic.
- Spider Plant: This is another plant that does not require much attention. It is quite resilient and gives out tiny white flowers. This plant can also be quite helpful in clearing the pollution from the air. It is very easy to grow the plant and all that’s necessary of you is to cut it and place it in a pot. They require average temperatures and indirect sunlight.
- Gerbera Daisy: This lovely, flowering plant is quite effective in removing Trichloroethylene and Benzene. It also releases Oxygen during the night. You can plant these in the bedrooms or living rooms.
- Snake Plant: This one is a really good plant for filtering Formaldehyde. This chemical is usually found in cleaning products, tissues, toilet paper and other hygiene products. It should be ideally planted in the bathroom or bedroom, where it can easily clear the air pollutants. It can also survive in low light and humid surroundings. Unlike other plants, these release oxygen during the night so they can be great Oxygen boosters.
- Golden Pothos: This is a beautiful plant, which is also quite effective in filtering Formaldehyde. This vine grows very fast and can remain green even if they are kept in the dark. They require bright and indirect light.